- rinses unusually clean, 99.9% germ-free, as clean as the running water it’s rinsed in.
- is made from sustainable wood fiber (the most abundant and fastest replenishing natural resource).
- is super soft, absorbent, durable, and stain-resistant.
- reduces the need for, and exposure to, chemical cleaners.
- can be machine or hand washed (recommend air drying to increase longevity).
- is not made from petroleum based fibers (unlike microfiber cloths), therefore,
- will biodegrade in compost (or in nature) or can be incinerated without releasing toxins
- outperforms and replaces the need for dozens of paper towel rolls (saving money & reducing waste)
- is engineered to the highest standards and tested by independent labs.
- is the smart, sustainable solution you can depend on for all of your cleaning needs; at home, work or on the go.
How it contributes to your:
A DURAFRESH™ cloth helps keep your living space cleaner and family healthier. Its thick, multi-layered design picks up messes as well or better than traditional cloths or sponges, but its unconventional weave allows it to rinse out exceptionally well. Flowing water provides enough encouragement to rinse away 99.9% of debris and germs. Just rinse, wring and air dry, and your cloth will stay fresh and odor-free.
DURAFRESH™ cloth is the environmentally responsible choice. Made from trees, one of our most renewable resources, it lasts for many uses and then composts in approximately 12 weeks, post-use. It significantly reduces waste and gets the most out of our natural materials, while at the same time replacing synthetic options that are not sustainable or eco-friendly.
DURAFRESH™ cloth is reusable and displaces dozens of rolls of paper towels, reducing waste and saving consumers money. It is soft, absorbent, reduces the need for chemical cleaners.
DURAFRESH™ is an innovative wood fiber cloth made in the USA. Though made from the same raw fiber as paper towels, its spun yarn construction gives it the integrity of long lasting fabric, the absorption of densely packed microfiber, and a rinsing efficiency far superior to traditional items in the market. Like a cotton ball is a disposable and a woven cotton fabric can be long lasting, DURAFRESH™ is similarly durable and is a paradigm-changing breakthrough in the application of responsible bio-fiber technology. Incredibly versatile, a single cloth outlasts dozens of paper towel rolls, thus reducing waste and saving consumers money. Since it rinses so well, DURAFRESH™ also reduces the need for harsh chemicals otherwise needed to kill odor causing germs trapped in a conventional cloth or sponge. Using fewer chemicals means less skin and environment exposure, and less costs to the user. GLOBEcoMaine, the proud manufacturer of DURAFRESH™, believes this is the first of many eco-sustainable bio-based products of the future and GEM is working diligently to anchor this evolving bio-materials industry in the U.S. The impact will be lasting, with good jobs and economic development around repurposing forestry, pulping and textile infrastructure. Contact us for more information.
Directions for use and care
Begin by rinsing out the natural vegetable starch stiffener with tap water, or you can machine wash. We recommend air drying or low heat dryer cycle to extend the life of your DURAFRESH™ cloths. Also, it is recommended to avoid using fabric softener which will maket he fiber slick and less absorbent. Rinse out and air dry (or wash) after each use to maintain freshness and ideal cleaning attributes. DURAFRESH™ cloth will become softer, thicker and more absorbent with repeated use. The lifespan of the cloth depends on roughness of surfaces being cleaned and frequency of use and washing.